So this is it, the first blog that I have ever created. I guess by saying that, I don't really need to say that I haven't been much of a "blogger." I have never really had much of a desire to make a blog nor have I found the desire to read blogs that others have made. This is not to say that I don't have opinions on anything or that I don't care to read the opinions of others, I guess I have just always formed my opinions and learned of other opinions and beliefs based on the interactions and discussions I have had with friends and family. Yet, I have never really felt the urge to display these opinions and feelings to other people over the worldwide web.
However, here I am creating this blog for my English class and you are bored enough to read it. So, in light of this predicament, I suppose I should give some sort of background that may give you more of a reason to keep reading; or not.
My name is Kyle Price and I am a freshman at Illinois State University. I am currently majoring in Middle Level Education as I hope to someday be a middle school teacher in the inner city Chicago. As a shy freshman, I don't belong to very many clubs and I'm not participating in any sports currently, but I have recently become involved in "Fuel," a campus ministry that meets at 7 on Sunday nights, and it's small "pneuma" groups that meet at different times throughout the week.
Now that I have covered the basics, I guess I could tell you a little about my personality and give you a little more information you can use to make a judgement about what kind of guy I am. I can't really say that I am a part of any kind of stereotype. My wardrobe doesn't really belong to any kind of specific labels. My favorite shows include such titles as: Rob & Big, Fatherhood, Man vs. Wild, and Cash Cab. My favorite movies include: Fight Club, Dark Knight, Requiem for a Dream, Pi, Gladiator, and Inside Man. I don't really play videogames all that much, but if I did, I would probably play Guitar Hero; that game is just too much fun not to enjoy. However, I am not nearly as big of a TV or movie kind of guy as I am a music kind of guy. I'm not gonna waste your time by telling you all the bands I like as I am sure there will be a blog assigned to us in which we will talk of the music we enjoy, so you can just wait until then. If there is one skill that I would say is unique or different than any others I would say that it is my ability listen and my ability to do knife tricks. I'm not really much of a badass or anything, I just bought a knife one day and thought about how cool it would be to be that guy that knows a bunch of sweet tricks. I also hoped to learn enough to list it as a special skill that I have solely for instances like this. In fact, to tell you the truth, I am probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet as I am very friendly (but not in a creepy kind of way) and as I am very easy to get along with. So with that, I think you have enough to get a slight idea of what I am like and hopefully you can get to know me a little better in the next few weeks. Until then, be easy and keep your deal straight.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First off, good job on providing a thorough introduction to who you are! Secondly, just by glancing at your favorite movies, can I assume you're a fan of Darren Aronofsky's work or should I avoid the assumptions? Thirdly, what do you mean when you say "knife tricks?" I'm interested to learn more, but I honestly don't know what you mean!
ReplyDelete-- Kathleen
Oh I am definitely a Darren Aronofsky fan. However, no matter how many times I see his most recent movie "The Fountain," I cannot seem to really grasp the main idea or even what on Earth is supposed to be happening in the film. To address your question about what "knife tricks" entails, I'm the kind of guy that finds joy out of doing as stupid as flipping a knife around my hand and into the air only to catch it and flip it around the other hand. I think it looks crazy sweet but it's definitely left me with some nicks and cuts. If there is any further confusion, just youtube "knife tricks" and that is pretty much what I'm going for.
ReplyDeleteKyle -
ReplyDeleteThanks for clearing up the "knife tricks" confusion - I was thinking you threw knives at an apple resting atop someone's head. :) Never seen "The Fountain" but I've read reviews about it that were mixed - it does sound like a complicated film, but one worth checking out!
-Kathleen