
This story is what happens when my English teacher tells us to do a freewrite blog.
This past weekend I had my first experience in my life of being sick while not at home. Throughout the school year, I took a little pride in myself with staying healthy and protecting myself from ever becoming ill. However, on Friday night, I came down with a pretty nasty case of the flu bug. In fact, I am still a little unsure of whether or not it was the stomach flu or food poisoning because I had only started to feel ill after having a double bacon cheese burger at the campus Burger King. The burger wasn't really that good but I swallowed it down to just put something in my stomach as I was in a rush to rescue a friend from an extremely awkward predicament that he was in as he accompanied his ex-girlfriend to the campus double feature with some new guy that had a little more interest in the girl that he did in seeing a double feature if you know what I mean. So, rather than determining the possibility watching this burger spill out of my mouth and mix into the vortex of an automatically flushing toilet in my residence hall bathroom, all I could think about was how badly I would be tearing my hair out of my head if I was made to go see a movie with my ex as some d-bag was pulling the moves on her (which in my opinion is almost just as bad). So as I was saying, I scarfed down the burger, made short work of the cold french fries, and headed over to where the double feature was about to commence. Yet, upon realizing that admission for the movie would only be one dollar, I knew that I just had to get something else to eat to hold me over during the movie, so for only one extra dollar, I bought a Baby Ruthe bar and a root beer. So after sitting through 90 awkward minutes of the first movie, my friends and I decided that we could no longer withstand the tension of the situation and we decided to go back to my residence hall and chill in my friends room (without the new guy). At this point in the evening, I am starting to realize that the BK booger burger followed by the half melted Baby Ruthe may not have been the greatest idea as my stomach is starting to make strange noises and feels as though someone had been pushing on my belly button all night as if it were an "easy" button (I trust you understand now how awkward the night had really been). However, despite this pain, I still decided to partake in the collective consumption of a 20 inch cheese and pepperoni pizza with my friends around 12:30am. You better believe that I immediately regretted that one. At around 1:30am, we all decided to depart and head back to our rooms. All I wanted to do at this point was sleep so that I could feel better in the morning, however my stomach had different plans. At 2 in the morning, I dry heaved for 15 minutes. At 4 in the morning, I tasted the rainbow as all a manner of colors and tastes jettisoned from my mouth. It wasn't so much the puking aspect of this experience that made me feel bad, but more the fact that someone who had come in to take a late-night, post-drinking pee had been in the stall right next to me and was quite literally freakin' a leak. While I was able to get to sleep pretty well after this, I spent the remaining 36 hours locked in my room feeling sorry for myself. Today, I am proud to say that I have completely recovered from this illness and have been provided with an experience that I will probably forget about in a couple years.
No comments:
Post a Comment