Friday, April 17, 2009

English 101 Blog Sign-Off

Well, this is it, my last blog assigned by my English 101 class. I have to admit, I am mildly saddened that this blog adventure is coming to an end. At the beginning of the semester, I was a bit agitated that we were being required to post a blog each week. I had never really been the blogging type. I guess I never really thought people would care what a simple guy such as myself would have to say about anything. I mean, when it comes down to it, the only people that will really read any of my blogs are either friends or those classmates of mine who are required to make comments on at least two of my posts. However, since starting these blog assignments, I have come to realize that making a blog is not so much about getting your opinion out there or getting your name well-known as much as it is an online journal (which is in a public forum). I believe that making a blog is more for yourself as a way to vent about something. Sometimes I feel so passionate about something that I want to just right it down so that I could possibly build upon such beliefs. Having a blog allows you to do that in a way that is simple and allows for others to gain insight to your thoughts if they feel so inclined as to look up your blog. Blogging gives you the chance to really explain and develop your ideas more-so than a simply status update on facebook. With this in mind, I think I have made the decision to continue to blog. While my blogs may not be as frequent as posting one every week as I have, when I feel passionate enough about something, I will blog about it. I believe that this can be beneficial to me. While I may not find satisfaction in having a certain number of followers, putting my opinions on an online database makes these opinions eternal. Given that I can remember what my email address was or my password, when I'm in my 30's, 40's, or dare-say my 50's, I can look back at my blogs and remember what was going on at this point in my life how I felt about them. So, in conclusion, I would like to say that it has been a priveledge and I would like to thank all of my classmates who posted comments and took the time to read what I had to say (even if you required to do so, it still means a lot).

Sincerely,

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment