Friday, March 6, 2009

What I Would Do If I Didn't Need A College Education


So the question on the table is "what would you do or where would you go if you didn't need to spend the money that you are on a college education?" Well, to be completely honest, I am not spending any of my money on my college education. So if I didn't need to go to college, in all reality I'd probably be sitting at home right now getting really good at a silly hobby like throwing cards or taming pumas. But that really is not fun. For the sake of giving a more interesting answer, I'd have to say that if I were spending all the money for the 4 years of tuition and no-longer needed to, I would probably travel the world. Now you may be saying to yourself "Yup! Go figure. I never thought he'd say that one. Why don't you come up with a more original answer buddy? We all know you'd just blow it all on FunDip." Well you just wait, because I'm not done. The main places I would want to go visit would include Ireland, India, Hong Kong, and Mazatlan in Mexico. While this trip would not only be one in which I could be further enlightened as I would gain a better understanding of the many people of this world and gain a better understanding of myself, but I would also go to those places that are stricken with poverty to offer my support in doing missions works or donations. You see, I figure that I have been so fortunate to be blessed with the love of my family, friends, and with an education, a home, and everything else that I will daily take for grantite. Going away to a place where the people may not be as fortunate will really help me to realize how much I really do take for grantite and will motivate me to give. This trip would also act as a means to grow spiritually. I feel as though it is so much easier to have a relationship with God if I am at home, surrounded by support from my Christian friends and family. However, is that really searching for God. A greater feat would be to find God in a place stricken with poverty. This lies at the very center of what I would like to do most in life. So there, how's that for an answer.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree with the part about God. At home, it is always so much easier to have a good relationship when you are surrounded by family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach me how to tame pumas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would travel as well. I feel it makes people see a different side of things.

    ReplyDelete